Surgery to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Many people develop the “tired eyes” look also known as baggy eyelids, saggy eyelids, droopy eyelids and/or puffy eyelids. It can be done on either on the upper lid or the lower lid or both.
Blepharoplasty may be an option if you have:
- Baggy or droopy upper eyelids
- Excess skin of the upper eyelids that interferes with your peripheral vision
- Droopy lower eyelids, which may cause white to show below the colored part of the eye (iris)
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
At Pia Aesthetics, Blepharoplasty may be done alone or combined with other surgeries like face lift and neck lift. Various options for eyelid correction in Mumbai are available as follows:
- The upper eyelid surgery is performed through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid. This allows for removal or repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of levator muscles, and removal of extra skin.
- Lower eyelid surgery is performed with an incision just below the lower lash line if excess removal is required or through the transconjunctival route if only excess fat removal or repositioning is required.
After surgery you are in a recovery room, where you are monitored for complications. You can leave later that day to recover at home.
After surgery you may temporarily experience:
- Blurred vision from the lubricating ointment applied to your eyes
- Watering eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Double vision
- Redness where the cuts were made
- Puffy, numb eyelids
- Swelling and bruising similar to having "black eyes"
During recovery period for the next 6 weeks avoid straining, heavy lifting and swimming and avoid smoking. If you use contact lenses, don't put them in for about two weeks after surgery. Apply cool compresses to reduce swelling. After a few days, return to the doctor's office to have stitches removed, if needed.
Eyelid Surgery in Mumbai
Though eyelid surgery can be expected to correct certain conditions permanently, you will continue to age naturally. As swelling and bruising subside, the results of eyelid surgery will reveal a smooth, better-defined eyelid and surrounding region and an alert and rejuvenated appearance. Although good results are expected from your procedure, in some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure and additional procedures may be necessary.
For more information regarding the surgery or to know about the cost for eyelid lift in Mumbai, please contact Pia Aesthetics on +91- 9619270457